We offer a range of ultrasonic sensor systems including, Side Detection, Wireless, and Rear sensors. They all provide their own particular benefits from helping to reverse safely to nearside blind spot awareness; particularly relevant where cyclists and pedestrians can otherwise go unseen.
Our Ultra Sonic Detection System is fitted to the Rear of a vehicle increasing safety when turning or when maneuvering at low speed. Particularly relevant for near side blind spot safety solutions where cyclists or pedestrians can otherwise go undetected.
When the vehicle slows to below a certain MPH (using PSPK3.DVS) the system is activated. You can mute the audible tone on the display if you wish. The green display light flashes once to indicate that the system has become active.
When the vehicle is within 0.6m of an obstacle, the green light on the display will illuminate with or without audio and will indicate how close the object is.
When the vehicle approaches within 1m of an obstacle, the AMBER display light will illuminate with NO AUDIO to how close the object is.
Whilst activated and the vehicle approaches within 1.5m of an obstacle, the buzzer/display will give a CONSTANT audible tone and will illuminate the RED, AMBER and GREEN display light to indicate that the object is close enough.
Whilst activated and the vehicle speed increases above 10 Mph, the system is deactivated. The system flashes the GREEN light twice on the display to indicate that the system is in STANDBY.
- Voltage: 9 – 36v DC
- Number of Sensors: 4
- Rear Detection
- Sensor Head Size: 28mm
- Mounting: Direct Angled Head, Flat Collars, Angled Collars, Underhung Brackets (x 4)
- LED Display with Buzzer
- Waterproof Sensor: IP68
- Waterproof ECU: IP69K
- Detection Range: 0.00 to 3M
- Detection Zones: 3
- Minimum Sensor Height:40cm
- Power Consumption – 2.4 Watts @ 12 VDC
- Current consumption: 200mA
- Distance Detection Accuracy: 1cm
- Detection Angle: 90H/ 60V
- Detection Time: 0.2 Seconds
- Y) Zone 1= 0.00 – 0.6m X) Zone 1= 0.00 – 0.5m
- Y) Zone 2= 0.60 – 1.0m X) Zone 2= 0.50 – 1.1m
- Y) Zone 3= 1.0 – 2.50m X) Zone 3= 1.5 – 3m
- Zone Tolerance: +10cm
- Operating Temp: -20 to 80C
- 1.0m or 1.5m detection range selectable via dip switch
- Ultra fast detection in 200ms
Self Diagnostic: The ECU will check all sensors are working correctly, if it beeps then there is a faulty sensor.
Environment Learning Mode: This prevents false alarms from the vehicle ancillary equipment intruding into the first 1m on the detection zone.